Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Cinderblock Raised Garden Bed

This one's not really crafty, just a clever idea that I thought I'd try this year. We put newspaper underneath before laying it all down, because according to a different pin, that was supposed to stop weeds from growing through. Well…maybe we didn't lay enough, or maybe it's just a funny little fiblet, but it didn't work…at all. :( Other than still needing to weed the garden on a regular basis, I love this. Next year I think I'm gonna try to assemble a vinyl cover, so I can start seedlings in it and cover it at night. 
Used an egg carton and newspaper cups to start my seedlings.
My radishes were the first to pop.
After we got most of it planted.
Yeah, our grass is wanting, I know.
Radishes, peppers, onions, tomato, strawberry, peas, green beans, corn (galore!), carrots,
bib lettuce, parsley, and potatoes and pumpkin are planted off to the side.
Threw together a little pea trellis with twine and wire.

No comments:

Post a Comment